[Discuss] text-screen login?

On 04/18/2012 10:30 AM, R. Luoma wrote:
> For some for the recent distros (e.g. ubuntu)
> I am having difficulty figuring out how to kill
> the GUI login and have the old-fashion
> text-terminal-like login screen.
>
> Does anyone have helpful advice
> on how to set up a freshly installed
> linux-based system to start with
> a text-screen login
>
> Thanks,

Quick googling:
http://www.techienote.com/2012/01/disable-gui-boot-in-ubuntu-11-10.html

	Basically you need to use update-rc.d to remove the 'lightdm' (for new
ubuntu distributions) graphical login links from the system startup.
	All the rest from that tutorial is to disable the ubuntu graphical
splash at boot.
	Which distribution are you using, do you know which gui login interface
is installed?

					Nuno
--
http://aeminium.org/nuno/