[Discuss] Unexplained GUI lockups

On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 10:26 -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote
>Recently I've been experiencing a lockup of the GUI (Gnome 3), Fedora
> 16.

Same here, my Acer laptop has been locking up, 3-4 times a week
(at-least), when using fedora 15 and 16 i386, especially when more than
one user is logged in . I'm not sure which driver Fedora used, I'm using
CentOs 6.2  now , lspci -v shows  "Kernel driver in use: i915 "