[Discuss] Ubuntu 12.04 paravirtualiztion and Windows XP SP3

On 04/07/2012 07:28 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Not personally.  What I would try:
>
> * Start as emulated IDE, remove the existing virtio drivers, reboot, and try to install the new virtio drivers.
> * If that doesn't work then go back to the original VM, restart it as emulated IDE and remove the old virtio drivers there, then clone the VM and try installing the new drivers.
Yea, tried all that. It definitely seems to be a 10.04 vs 12.04 issue.
The EXACT VM file run perfectly on 10.04 and crashes on 12.04. If I
remove the drives and re-add them as IDE, they work. If I try to update
the virtio drivers Windows fail to load them.