[Discuss] [HH] New products at adafruit

Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> 	There's a nice bluetooth transceiver module that provides RS232 TTL
> RX/TX, easy to interface to embedded processors, like PICs , ATmegas and
> such for about $6 or so. I bought a few last year from dealextreme:
>
> <https://www.dealextreme.com/p/wireless-bluetooth-rs232-ttl-transceiver-module-80711>

Neat. $6.60 is plenty cheap.

> There's also some software that allows one to put a custom firmware
> into these, but it uses a proprietary toolchain...

It sounded like people were mostly using the programmers to load
different versions of the firmware, such that they could source the
module from any place, and then load the better commercially produced
firmware to provide the most features or better API.

Looks like you talk to it with an AT command set like a modem. I didn't
see mentioned what Blutooth profile it uses and how it appears to the
device you pair it with.

In the comments some guy mentioned using one to make an Ikea lamp remote
controllable from an Android phone. So presumably it isn't hard to write
some code on the Android side to talk to it.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA