[Discuss] BTRFS

Actually, my first assumption would be something in netatalk rather than
btrfs.

Apple does some baroque things with Time Machine volumes that require
Time Machine.  If this option isn't set then things will stop working
correctly.  Things may still get wonky even if set because....

I had a problem with OpenAFS and ext4 a few months ago.  The fault was
the OpenAFS client code using a function exclusive to ext2 and ext3. The
client wouldn't start unless the AFS cache file system and the root file
system were ext2 or ext3.

Not saying that is the problem, but I'd look into reported issues with
netatalk + btrfs.

--
Rich P.