[Discuss] Some testers needed

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Edward Ned Harvey <blu at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> I haven't tested your site, but I do have experience supporting website
> compatibility... ?My experience is, yes every single browser and OS platform
> cause compatibility problems with even the most basic and well-defined
> standard compliant of websites (sometimes even static html.) ?There is
> precisely one way you can find out: ?Test every browser on every platform
> that you care about supporting. ?Anything you don't test will have
> compatibility problems, I promise you.

Generally speaking, standards-compliant HTML will render best in the
most recent browsers. When you attempt "tricky" stuff, you'll often
get burned by cross-browser incompatibilities. This is a good reason
to use frameworks that have been tested across platforms:
HTML5Boilerplate provides a standard html grid and css that work on
mobile and desktop browsers and jQuery that tests for, and compensates
for, a variery of JavaScript engine differences, for example.

You can quickly test a single page across a variety of browsers at
http://browsershots.org/

If you're looking for more extensive testing and spidering, I've had a
lot of luck with http://mogotest.com

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC