[Discuss] Future of Personal Computers

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
>
> I think the first casualty of the tablet market is the netbooks. The
> higher end tablets like the iPad can certainly fill in the netbook niche.

Don't rule out specialized devices such as the chromebook.  I know it didn't
sell much this year, but I bought one, and every time I talk about it or
show it to anybody, they always love it and declare firmly this is what they
should have.  Truly the chromebook is the device that should displace
netbooks.   ;-)

The internet experience on tables (android & ipad alike) is sublevel
compared to the "normal" operating system internet experience.  However, the
internet experience on a chromebook is absolutely on-par with a "normal"
operating system, and in many ways, better than a "normal" operating system.
(windows, mac, linux, solaris, etc.)