[Discuss] Future of Personal Computers

I guess my thoughts with the idea were, *I think *it is Apple who
is constantly saying that the "Desktop" is going away and they are trying
to help that along.  Now if you don't consider an iMac a desktop then that
brings up a whole different scenerio where "All-in-One's" become the new
"desktop".  But if you consider the iMac a desktop PC then, you need to
make those portable devices appealing to everyone from the "Handheld Gamer"
to the Mom and Pop who just want it to talk to some friends.

Look at something like the PS Vita where you can Play your PS3 games on the
fly now.  So you take your dockable iPad from a gaming device to mobile
gaming device and back.  Another comparison could be photographers.  The
mobile Photoshop is awesome, imagine you can edit those photos at home,
take a few to a client, edit it with them, then bring the system back and
dock it again.  These are just some quick idea's but I feel the idea of
getting more power when you are home is definitely an across the board
want/need that could be "marketable".

There was a commercial a while back that sort of brought this thought
together.  The guy was watching Sports on his TV, then he walks outside and
his TV folds into a tablet and then it turns into a phone and so on.  I
wish I could find it because I think it rings true.

Most people who are home users could likely have an external drive hooked
up and never need ton's of storage on the actual device.

The people who don't need the extra power probably won't ever notice or
care but the people who do will have more reason to buy.