[Discuss] AMD FX-8120 update

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of
> markw at mohawksoft.com
>
> I had to wait for Sunday to go to Microcenter and get a replacement
> motherboard.

Does the ram all work now?  In what you wrote, you said the ram was tested
good, and the ram didn't work in this motherboard, and you said the
motherboard was bad.  But due to common incompatibility problems and quirks,
the above is not sufficient reason to call the motherboard bad.  So if the
above was the reasoning, then it's bad reasoning.  But if you replaced the
motherboard and now it works...  Then it's good reasoning.  (Or at least
good enough that it doesn't matter anymore.)

> I'm not feeling the love from Ubuntu 12.04. Anyone have a good distro that
> uses gnome 2 and the 3.x linux kernel?

It's pretty much Ubuntu, Fedora, or Mint.

Hell, depending on what purpose you want it to serve. you might consider
openindiana and get the benefits of ZFS.  ;-)