[Discuss] mysql brain teaser...

Stephen Adler wrote:
> mysql> show databases;
> | #mysql50#.emacs.d  |
>
> So what is this #mysql50#.emacs.d database? I did a quick search and
> found that #mysql50# prefix means that a database was upgraded...

MySQL databases correspond to files in the data directory. "The
directory ~/.emacs.d/ is a standard location for additional per-user
Emacs-specific files."[1]

My guess is that you su'ed to the mysql user and edited a file, which
created a .emacs.d/ directory, and apparently the MySQL data directory
was set as the home directory for the mysql user. Then later you
upgraded MySQL and the upgrade script renamed it because it couldn't be
processed.

Most likely you can clean it up by stopping the server, going to the
data directory and removing the oddly named directory.

 -Tom

1. http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DotEmacsDotD

--
Tom Metro