[Discuss] BLU LinkedIn group

Bill Horne wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> On the BLU LinkedIn group ...
>
> No offense, but...I don't think using it for "groups" is a
> productive exercise.

No offense taken. I think the LinkedIn discussion forums are pretty
poorly implemented, and regardless, I don't believe in fracturing
discussion communities across multiple disconnected channels, which is
why there is a "managers choice" (highly visible) posting on LinkedIn
that says:

  If you've found this LinkedIn group through means other than the BLU
  discussion list, you're encouraged to subscribe to the list, which is
  where the BLU community primarily resides:
  http://blu.wikispaces.com/mailing+lists

Similarly the automated replies sent to people who join the LinkedIn
group includes the above info.

> ...I feel the BLU doesn't need a "linkedin" group.

There is more to a LinkedIn group than the discussion functionality you
looked at. The benefits are:

1. it provides a means to promote BLU to the broader LinkedIn user base,
and we all benefit from a healthy BLU community;

2. it facilitates business networking among BLU members.

For anyone who is a user of LinkedIn and would like to join the group:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/41383/3CB646132D6B

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro