[Discuss] Mass. libraries switching to FOSS

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Jim Gasek <jim at gasek.net> wrote:
> I know a small private school in Northboro that needs this
> solution.
>
> Reading the documentation, I see they recommend Debian
> or Ubuntu, latest.
>
> They are currently a on paper-only library accounting
> system.
>
> Anyone interested in bidding on such a project would be
> welcomed to talk to them.
>
> The documentation seems very good:
>
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/pdf/Evergreen_Documentation.pdf

I have no personal experience in this area, but I know that there are
several FOSS library management systems from which to choose.   This
page
appears to have a good selection:

http://www.eifl.net/foss-projects

Koha is the one that I believe I had heard of before.

Probably worth checking to see what would be most appropriate for a
smaller operation.   While you are at it, you might want to look into
something which would reach down into direct classroom support as
well.  Moodle seems to be the name that pops up most often.

Bill Bogstad