[Discuss] 4-Bay NAS

Check out the thread from Last July (2011), it started as:
[Discuss] Small Linux server recommendation?
and became:
[Discuss] D-I-Y NAS enclosures

I bought an HP Microserver N36L which has been replaced with the N40L
Model, it is not silent but is very quiet, the loudest aspect is when
the drives initially spin up.

It is an AMD Neo 64bit Processor, mine has 8GB ECC and 4x2TB of disk in
RAIDZ, I am running FREENAS on it. It is possible to add a SSD for the
SIL files if you want by using the SATA cable and bay for the optical
drive. It also has USB and an eSATA port, and a couple of PCIe ports
available.

You can add a SAS card (for Hardware RAID to the backplane) or for
external storage as well.

It has been quite stable for me.
-Ben