[Discuss] Help adding RHEL 5.x workstation to Win2008R2 DC

We have a Windows 2008 R2 w/Service Pack 1 domain controller and a
RHEL 5.7 workstation.

Part of the required security settings on the domain controller are:

Network Access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation: Disabled

Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts: Enabled

Network Access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and
shares: Enabled

We would like to add the RHEL 5.7 workstation to the domain controller
for user authentication, thus no local accounts in /etc/passwd. ? But,
due to the security mentioned above, conventional methods of adding
the RHEL 5.7 workstation to the domain controller result in failures -
I've tried both net ads join and the newer Likewise client, both of
which fail.

Since the domain controller's settings cannot be changed, what options
do I have on the RHEL 5.7 workstation side? ? Are there other
products/methods, outside of net ads join and likewise, that might do
the job?

Thanks.

Scott