[Discuss] wiki suggestions?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> I'm going to use a wiki to share some classes on-line.  Some of the
> teachers who will be using the wiki are not very technical.  So a simple
> user interface and ease of use are important.  I also have a very strong
> preference for open source software.  Right now I'm thinking
> http://www.twiki.org/

For nontechnical people, you want a simple user interface, which implies
WYSIWYG.

For an administrator who hasn't admin'd wikis before (as evidenced by the
fact you're considering twiki, which is horrible and relatively
unmaintained, largely because it's written in perl) ...  You want one that
doesn't require all massively difficult hoops to jump through, as most wikis
do, in order to install, maintain, add plugins etc.

First, consider google docs.
Then consider confluence.
Even though neither of them is really a wiki.

After that, throw in the towel.  Because although there are wysiwyg add-ons
for things like dokuwiki and mediawiki, I would not say the setup is super
easy, and I would not say the user experience is super wonderful.