[Discuss] Visualizing LAN traffic

To reiterate a point I made in the Snort thread:
> What bugs me about LANs is that there is no easy way to visualize the
> traffic, and spot when rogue traffic is present.

The Snort talk showed that what out get out of Snort is still a textual
log of anomalies.

Anyone seen a tool for visualizing LAN traffic? Something that can
distill what's going on down to a dynamic infographic of sorts, with
ways of indicating unusual behavior?

I've heard of tools that let you listen to LAN traffic, where supposedly
you can easily hear the differences when something unusual happens. But
I'd expect such a tool to get annoying fast.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA