[Discuss] Verizon FIOS vs Comcast

On 1/19/2012 12:21 PM, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> My in-laws said they actually will not be saving any money - the cost
> will be the same.
>
> Have things changed that much?   Did they miss a promotion?

Not per se.  The bulk of the savings in the switch from Comcast to FiOS
is in the premium channels.  If you don't have those then you're not
going to see much of a price difference between the two.

That said, Verizon will always offer a deal of some sort.  Have your
in-laws contact Verizon, tell the rep that switching won't save any
money on the standard plans, and ask what Verizon can do about it.  Case
in point: when I switched last year I declined the DVR option.  Verizon
gave me a $200 Visa "reward" card to offset that.

--
Rich P.