[Discuss] Verizon FIOS vs Comcast

My in-laws currently use Comcast for Internet and tv, Verizon for
phone.    They actually subscribe to the slowest speed of cable and
just basic cable channels.

When I had the same setup, my Comcast + Verizon bill was rather
expensive.    When I switched to FIOS for all three, my bill was cut
in half.   This was a year ago that I switched.

My in-laws said they actually will not be saving any money - the cost
will be the same.

Have things changed that much?   Did they miss a promotion?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

Scott