[Discuss] Debian is now the most popular Linux distribution on web servers

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:14:22PM -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

>Even just the installation process leads you to suspect this conclusion
>- In Ubuntu, you barely have any choices, package selections, etc.  It will
>install a GUI for you, and afterward, you can then optionally add/remove
>packages.

Greetings, I do have a lot to say about Debian,CentOS etc, but maybe
later on :). But, with all fairness to Ubuntu server, it does let you
have a lot of choice for which packages to install. And its basic install
is without GUI and actually with open-ssh server along with a basic
Linux system. I assume you referred to Ubuntu Desktop in the installation
process.

--
Guy Gold

<sent from my Mutt>