[Discuss] Financial database / balance?

Typically, you would keep a running summary table for end-of-month
calculations, end-of-year as well.
Sum the current month with the end-of last month. If you do this, you'll
also have a good reporting summary table.

If you are doing proper accounting, be careful of double precision
floating point errors.