[Discuss] [OT] Least worst ISPs generally

Also, remember that there are other "providers", like
Galaxy, which was created in the wake of the
Telecom Act.  Galaxy "resells" a variety of physical
infrastructure (DSL from VZ, Cable from Comcast...)
and allows different packaging (like, the ability
to avoid TV from Comcast bundle, and still get internet).

Galaxy has it's outage problems.   It resells RNKtel
VOIP service which is unreliable, and tech support is
awful.  I have Galaxy DSL and VOIP, which used to be a steal,
but is no longer.   The government finally figured out how
to tax it to death.

My VZ 4G mobile has been good ($50/month for 5G?) but
they've had outages as well.

There is no FIOS in Hudson either.

I'm moving (back) to Comcast I think, but I'd consider
VZ DSL if they'd offer a cheap VOIP package, which I
doubt.  The straight DSL pricing is the same (Galaxy
gets a piece of the action for "servicing the account").

I'd stay with Galaxy if the VOIP wasn't so awful.   I
suppose I could de-bundle the VOIP and go with Vonage,
or another like it that was semi-reliable.

Thanks,
Jim Gasek