[Discuss] Gnome 3

Yesterday I installed Gnome 3.2 shell 3 extensions, and somehow LG
disappeared. Note that lg is Looking Glass, the Gnome 3 debugger. Using
the dconf-editor, I was able to get it back. But, I don't think that
most of us know of its existence, or how to execute it.
Under Gnome 3, press alt-F2, and a short dialog comes up, "Please enter
a command". This is useful if you want to quickly run a command. But
this is also how you get into Looking Glass. At the prompt, just type 'lg'.
In Gnome 3.2, extension must be expressly enabled, but you do not have
to exit and restart gnome to get your extensions to work. You can use
the dconf-editor or gnome-tweak-tool to enable or disable extensions.
Currently I have 3 extensions, poweroptions that add a poweroff the the
menu (although under Gnome 3.2 you can alternate between suspend and
power off using the alt key with the menu, so you don't really need to
add a power options extension) move clock to the right and get rid of
the ally (Universal Access) button.

I'm getting more used to gnome3 as I learn more about it.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix