[Discuss] Solarwinds/Network Management?

I've used Nagios in the past but am using Zabbix now.  It is agent based
and has discovery, and is a lot easier to use than Nagios (templates,
groups, etc.).

It also provides access control, so you can groups devices by client or
department, so those users can see only their monitors.

Zabbix can also use proxies to run checks for larger environments.  I've
had performance problems with Nagios and Cacti monitoring only a few
hundred servers.

Matt Iavarone
Lead Engineer
Cirant Technologies