[Discuss] box.net

> From: Dan O'Donovan [mailto:odonovan at hkl.hms.harvard.edu]
>
> Just in case anyone here isn't aware of this, you can also use disposable
email
> address' with Google's gmail.
>
> If you have a valid gmail account, then you can also receive mail at
>
> your.account+<boxnet>@gmail.com
>
> provided the potential spammer will accept email address' with a + in
them.
> I've been using this for years and it's dead handy.

That's actually an RFC standard that's supported by many MTA's.  Whenever it
works, as mentioned, it's very handy.  The only problem is... As mentioned,
lots of companies / websites / whatever reject your email address if there's
a + character in it, because some other RFC standard defines the + character
as a bad character for email addresses.  And some spammers are smart enough
to recognize the + character, and simply strip it.

But for now, I agree.  Whenever it works, it's useful.