[Discuss] [HH] build my own cell phone

> Maybe a better term is a hand held Gnu/Linux PC with at least WiFi capability. One
> can then move on to adding the cell phone component.

Once the first step is done, go to google.com/voice. Universal WiFi is
a threat to cell phones, so don't expect to see it anytime soon.

In my brand new office, they decided to save by not giving us good old
phones. I made a call via the computer, the wife could not tell. Since
there is so much money paid for phones, expect effective fictional
roadblocks to keep on appearing. Now that Microsoft owns Skype, there
is more of a chance of making real inroads. It is just silly that I
pay for 3 types of ways to play phone tag: land line, cell phone, and
the Internet.

Doug