[Discuss] Full disk encryption

The EFF recently tweeted
(http://twitter.com/#!/EFF/status/153306301965938688):
  @EFF
  Call to action for 2012: full disk encryption on every machine you
  own! Who's with us? eff.org/r.3Ng

Which links to this article:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/newyears-resolution-full-disk-encryption-every-computer-you-own

  Many of us now have private information on our computers: personal
  records, business data, e-mails, web history, or information we have
  about our friends, family, or colleagues.  Encryption is a great way
  to ensure that your data will remain safe when you travel or if your
  laptop is lost or stolen.
  [...]
  Choosing a Disk Encryption Tool
  [...]
  -Microsoft BitLocker in its most secure mode is the gold standard
   because it protects against more attack modes than other software.
   Unfortunately, Microsoft has only made it available with certain
   versions of Microsoft Windows.
  -TrueCrypt has the most cross-platform compatibility.
  -Mac OS X and most Linux distributions have their own full-disk
   encryption software built in.

What makes Microsoft BitLocker better than TrueCrypt?

Are you using full disk encryption? If so, what tool are you using?

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA