[Discuss] Upgraded fedora 15 to 16 unable to boot

On 12/31/2011 05:51 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Start up a minimal rescue environment or boot a Fedora Live CD image.  Mount the root and boot file systems as /new and /new/boot respectively.  Clean out the old GRUB and GRUB2 data from /new/boot.  Reinstall GRUB2, changing /dev/sda to the correct boot device:
>
>    grub-install --root-directory=/new /dev/sda
Finally back up. The issue was specifically that my /boot partition was
a RAID1. Possibly I had a cockpit error on the initial upgrade where I
may have selected /dev/sda instead of the RAID partition. I then decided
to do a clean install formatting root and boot. I saw that there were
error writing to the raid partition. I ended up unraiding the /boot, and
that fixed everything.
I had a few Gnome errors, but I've run into those before with both SuSE
and Fedora when upgrading.

In any case, my /etc as well as home is fully backed up. Now just to
restore some of the customizations.

--
Jerry Feldman<gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix http://www.blu.org