[Discuss] keeping an eye on congress

For those who live in the district where BLU happens to hold its meetings (MIT
environs), the congressman is Michael Capuano who has held himself to a quite
high level of accountability through his weekly (sometimes twice weekly)
constituent newsletter.  My archives of it go back to 19-Mar-04 so he's been
doing this a long time.  He sends out the roll-call tally spreadsheet for each
vote taken, and writes a paragraph or two explaining why he voted the way he
did.

He's at http://www.house.gov/capuano/ and the newsletter link there is called
e-Update.

Some other Congressmen probably provide similar newsletters; I encourage you
to visit the house.gov and senate.gov sites and subscribe to yours.  Their
explanations are valuable and often lead to dialog (sometimes in the form of
flaming letters from yours truly to the dear Congressman, but fortunately not
often because his opinions are similar to mine on most issues.)

On the Senate side, John Kerry has a monthly newsletter that I'm now signing
up for, as does Scott Brown.

-rich