[Discuss] WRT Dell trashing their own reputation by offshoring support to India [Was: Justify your existence]

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 06:41:04AM -0500, Jay Kramer wrote:
> I am not a big fan of Apple.  However, I purchased an Ipod for my daughter
> over the phone with Apple.   I was amazed that I was talking to what
> sounded to me to be an educated American at Apple.

The couple of times I have called Apple have been fine, but I think Apple's
real advantage is the retail stores. The Genius Bar is one of the main
reasons I recommend Apple products to non-technical people. If they have a
problem, they can make an appointment on Apple's website and drop by the
store to sit down with someone to work through the issue.

Being able to watch a user interact with the product as they are
demonstrating their problem must be invaluable for product design and
testing.

-b

--
if you bring off adequate preservation of your personal myth, nothing
much else in life matters.  it is not what happens to people that is