[Discuss] an "Enterprise" Linux for desktop

> From: John Abreau [mailto:abreauj at gmail.com]
>
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
> <blu at nedharvey.com> wrote:
>
> > [....] even if you were abolishing slavery,
> > or promoting voting rights for women or african americans in the U.S. a
few
> > decades ago, people who are entrenched in the existing paradigm will
> oppose
> > your invention, and you might end up murdered if it's sufficiently
important
> > or whatever.
>

> I didn't realize that my preference for focus-follows-mouse puts me on the
> same moral plane as slave-owners and mysogynists. How could I be such
> a heartless, evil monster? O woe is me! Cue the lynch mobs! Fire up the
> electric chair! Kill me now!   :-P

hehehe, cute.  ;-)  In case you missed it, the message between the lines
was:  If people can't agree what's good or bad on the big things, they
certainly can't agree on the little things.  My message was to say, a
previously expressed opinion about not changing paradigms until the new
paradigm is shown to be clearly better, represents an unrealistically
simplistic view of what's good and bad.  It is my opinion, that millions of
Germans in the '30's and '40's did what they did because they believed it
was right somehow, and it's only due to our vast separation and different
perspective that we believe otherwise.  Nevermind reaching consensus on the
small stuff, like GUI changes in some free software.   ;-)  People
everywhere are always going to do what they want to do, and they're going to
do it within their own localized sphere of influence, using their own
judgement, whatever that may be.

Of course the perspective is recursive - As much as I or anyone else could
tell other people "stop complaining about that," ...  I would only be
representing the people complaining about the people who are complaining
about something else...   ;-)