[Discuss] [Position-available] Senior Systems Engineer at Gemvara.com. Know anyone?

I am currently contract recruiting for Gemvara.com, a Highland Capital
Partners startup that is taking the custom jewelry industry by storm.

I am currently seeking candidates for a Senior Systems Engineer role.

http://bit.ly/tKyQuj

Know anyone?

The Job:
Gemvara is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our
innovative team of Me-Commerce revolutionaries. As a Senior Systems
Engineer you will be responsible for designing, analyzing, building,
configuring, troubleshooting and implementing the best practices and
infrastructure for Gemvara's Service Platform and Hosting environment. The
Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for overall co-located datacenter
physical systems. You may also be tasked with firing the occasional Nerf
gun or finding comics to add to the xkcd wall.

Gemvara uses Redhat Linux systems, Confluence, Nexus, Hudson, JIRA, Crowd,
Perforce, and HDS/SAN. While we are always looking for the best and
brightest, we do not hire solely on a specific skill set. Rather, we hunger
for new ideas so if you think you would do it differently, we're open and
interested.

At Gemvara you will be part of a close-knit team that is passionate about
changing the face of e-commerce. You will be surrounded by innovative
people who truly believe in the company and in one another. At Gemvara,
your ideas will be recognized, your intelligence will be applied, and if
you work hard, your opportunities to succeed will be endless. Gemvara has
an amazing benefits package and our culture is top-notch - we work hard,
but we play hard too.

What You'll Do:
Installation, deployment, support, and maintenance of physical and virtual
server hardware and operating environments Installation, deployment, support
and maintenance of backup systems
Monitor all Windows and Linux systems and traffic to ensure maximum
availability and performance
Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware,
network, and O/S issues
Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to
provide recommendations for service improvements
Coordinate with other staff on the design, implementation, operation, and
maintenance of systems and network
Perform in-depth analysis and detailed reporting on capacity planning, SLA
performance, operating system and major application software patch
assessment and security vulnerability analysis
Review, audit, define, update and implement Service policies and procedures
to safeguard critical systems, information and data;
Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant
specifications, systems, and procedures
Assist in the development of processes to maintain business continuity and
recovery standards for all systems and networks
Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues
Provide 24x7 On-call support
Perform additional related duties as required

Skills You'll Need To Be Successful:
The ability to communicate and be a great teammate -- Collaboration is
encouraged!
The capacity to think like an owner
Comfortable taking risks and making mistakes
Excellent ability to create opportunities to innovate
A desire to always be testing and learning
A passion and consideration for the customer and his or her WOW experience
4+ years administrative experience with Linux in a large SAAS/Hosting type
environment
4+ years experience with a large scale server environment
The tendency to not take yourself too seriously

Marsh Sutherland
Recruiter
careers at gemvara.com