[Discuss] (OT) Barnes & Noble wants DOJ probe into Microsoft patent tactics

On 11/10/2011 09:38 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I think that B&N has an interesting problem. First, they are
> historically a seller of books. When Amazon came onto the scene, B&N
> added an online presence. I think the company is still mentally a retail
> book seller, and while they are building the Nook product line and
> providing ebooks, they are still organized as a retail book seller, and
> probably have not set up the proper support infrastructure so your
> criticism of B&N is certainly correct. Fortunately I have not had to
> contact their customer service.

Just as a counterpoint, B&N is pushing their physical presence as a
selling point, since you can bring your Nook into a store (AKA Apple) to
have someone help you with the device.

I don't remember whether I mentioned it on this list or not, but I'm
personally trying to decide between the Nook Tablet and the Kindle Fire.
 I've been getting some good information on another list.  I don't want
to hijack this thread by discussing that, but I did want to mention that
I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the Nook right now but I ain't
ordering anything until both units are in reviewer's hands and the REAL
details are out.