[Discuss] (OT) Barnes & Noble wants DOJ probe into Microsoft patent tactics

On 11/10/11 10:12 AM, Brendan Kidwell wrote:
> Anyone have a similar Kindle problem ever? If so how did Amazon react
> to your inquiry?

I'll share the one experience I had with a malfunction of my Kindle.

When I first purchased it (earlier this year), I kept having issues with
it not wanting to power up during the first 2 weeks of ownership,
including after a full charge.

I called in to their help line.  First thing I noticed was that the
customer rep was friendly, seemingly knowledgable, and quite helpful.

Not only did they admit fault (turned out to be an issue they had
recently become aware of with the specific case causing a short), but
they replaced my Kindle.  Additionally, they replaced my case with an
*upgraded* model.  Oh, and they overnighted the items to me, while
apologizing profusely.

I did not have to extract any of this from them, nor fight to get this.
  They volunteered to do these things without prompting of any kind.

They made a permanent customer out of me that day.  I came away from the
whole experience thinking *that* was how customer service *should* be.

--
Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
colet at code-energy.com