[Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 6, Issue 9

"Rich Braun" <richb at pioneer.ci.net>
> I've been targeted in a John Doe case in which a mere law firm (not a law
> enforcement agency) served a subpoena against a major email provider. ?The
> rules are pretty hazy and your data definitely is not safe from prying eyes.

This is an interesting topic.  As people are moving storage to the
cloud, there are many privacy and trade secret issues that are not yet
fully addressed by the case law.  I am doing a legal research paper
this semester focusing on exactly this issue.  It would be much
appreciated if you could share some of the technical issues on this
subject, such as what encryption efforts are normally done, how
effective is the encryption, etc.  I would be more than happy to share
my write up with the list after it's done.  Thanks in advance!

Regards,
HYC