[Discuss] A couple of git questions regarding tags

Essentially, 'git status -s' would be the appropriate one. If it returns
anything to stdout, then you can either parse the result or just note
that the repository is unclean.
Certainly setting up aliases are good, but if you are accessing commands
from a script that is being used by others, it is best to use the full
path.

The other thing is for me to set up a script to both do a commit and set
up a tag. That is probably a 10 - 20 line bash script.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix