[Discuss] Thermal monitoring

I have a system that has been having heat problems. (Apparently when it was
in my boss' home, he replaced the existing cooling fans with whimpy ones,
but he kept the original fans so yesterday we did replace them, but I would
like to be able to monitor the temps.
CPU2: Thermal monitoring enabled (TM1)

But, I don't have any ACPI support: /proc/acip/thermal_zone is empty.
I'm looking for a quick and dirty way to check to see if the unit temps are
ok since this system is our Oracle server.

Currently the system only has the 4 original cooling fans, but not the
exhaust fans. I have some email to Supermicro on this if we need to get the
exhaust fans.

But, I'd like a way that I can look for issues not only on this server but
my other devices. I actually noticed the heat issue the other day when the
CPU throttled down because I had a terminal open on that system.
Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id:3BC1EB90
Key fingerprint: 49E2 C52A FC5A A31F 8D66 C0AF 7CEA 30FC 3BC1 EB90