[Discuss] Fotoxx (and Forth) at BLU

Dick and Jill,

Great presentation on Fotoxx and how it fits the FOSS story arc at MMS.

Had I realized the first third would be a trip down memory lane, I'd have
brought my big MMSForth binder !
FORTH <3 IF HONK THEN
I keep thinking we should hack a FORTH kernel into the open firmware for
Canon cameras.

I am going to have to read the FOTOXX PDF manual to make sure the Fotoxx
collection management won't get in my way; I missed what you said
about synchronize. Functionally it looks very good.

RAW - Per the main web page, it appears Fotoxx currently needs RAW or DNG
files to be converted to TIF first, so it's not yet providing a one-stop
workflow for RAW. Among 'keep the info' workflows, shooting and working 12
RAW keeps the most; HDR , other stacking, and curve shifting all are best
with RAW. There are a couple of ok tools for Linux, mostly using one library
'dcraw'; i have RAW THERAPEE and UF RAW.  Pros always shoot Raw, but I'm
still only sometimes popping a button to keep RAW file with the JPG on the
next shot. Fotoxx might encourage me to stick with that practice. But a
photoshop plugin might provide direct import capability to fotoxx. UF RAW
works as a GIMP plugin as well as stand-alone, but that doesn't make it a
Fotoxx plugin, does it?

To repeat my suggested name, de-skewing is what n900 maemo (debian) phone
app FrontView calls rect-ifying a detected trapezoid.
[ http://www.google.com/search?q=n900%20frontview ]

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com