[Discuss] (OT) Steve Jobs 1955-2011

On 10/06/2011 09:23 AM, Dan O'Donovan wrote:
>> My next cell phone will be an openmoko
>
> I remember saying that five years ago - kinda glad I got an iPhone now...

I will never buy one of those.  The way they treat jailbreakers (sue
them for copyright infringement, brick their phones) says a lot to me
about what they think of their customers.  For one, I don't want to
contribute to financing that kind of activity.  For another, if they are
spending more money and effort on lawsuits than they are on moving
forward technologically, well, pretty soon you aren't going to be
getting a good value for your money (i.e., a large percentage of the
cost of your iPhone will be going toward paying lawyers).

> Steve Jobs confirmed that you can change the world - I think this is a good thing.

Bill Gates changed the world too... Steve's contributions were certainly
more aesthetically pleasing though ;-)

Matt