[Discuss] (OT) Steve Jobs 1955-2011

I have to agree with what Rich is saying.  Perhaps you don't like him as a
business man but you have to remember, the business world is cut throat.  It
is unfortunate when smaller people and companies get the shaft but every
business head is similar to Jobs, they want THEIR product to succeed.
Perhaps you remember Jobs because he was pretty good at this and generally
won a lot of the battles he engaged in.  I am sure there are business people
out their who are generally honest but I would venture to guess there are
far less than the "Jobs" type.

He put a lot of pressure on the industry with Apple's products.  In my
opinion if it wasn't for Jobs and Apple, we wouldn't have the competitive
environment today.  M$ would still rule the world and be happy with a crap
product.  Now they are revamping their entire OS.  The iPad and iPhone have
taken over and forced other companies to push a product that isn't awful.

Likeness would say if not for Jobs it would be some other company head that
you would be upset about.  Who knows maybe Tim will be so much worse that
you wish Steve was back running the company.