[Discuss] The America Invents Act

On Sep 28, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Hsuanyeh Chang wrote:

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Patent+it+yourself

Which turns up... a bunch of sales pitches for a book titled "Patent It Yourself".  Written and sold by... a patent attorney.  Imagine that.  Of note is a chapter titled "Problems Searching Software and Business Inventions".  The fact that such a chapter even exists speaks volumes in support of Matt's statements.

I stand by my desire for a return to the working model as part of the application process.  That means functioning source code for software patents.  Source code that becomes the public property.  You can have your 17 or 20 year patent, or you can have your interminable copyright, but you can't have both.

--Rich P.