[Discuss] The America Invents Act

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:13:03AM -0700, Hsuan-Yeh Chang wrote:
> Thanks for challenging my point of view by attacking my profession.?

I haven't attacked any profession.  I've only stated a fact: patent
lawyers have a vested interest in maintaining the current system, or
something that approximates it.  This does not make them evil (though
many would argue otherwise), but as such they are biased.  RMS pointed
this out in his video.  Everyone has bias, that is part of human
nature.  This is not an attack, it is simply a fact, and it's one that
colors this issue with broad, heavy strokes.

> Martin Luther King Jr. was a lawyer and he ended segregation in the
> United States.? There are countless number of lawyers who have
> contributed to the advances of this country...

Sorry, but I don't see any way a patent lawyer will ever fall into
that category, unless they have a change of heart and fight to abolish
this abomination.

-=-=-=-=-