[Discuss] The America Invents Act

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Hsuan-Yeh Chang <hsuanyeh at yahoo.com>wrote:

> 2.  Apparently, engineering schools should consider opening at some courses
> on patent and copyright laws for future engineers.  Filing a patent
> application doesn't mean you should ultimately pursue and get a patent.  A
> patent application can be file for preventive purposes.  Because all patent
> applications will become published after 18 months, any idea thus published
> will prevent late comers in getting a patent, regardless of whether the
> person filing it eventually get a patent or not.

Absolutely.  My degree is in audio engineering (recording studio/live sound)
and we were required to take a course on copyright law taught by a former
copyright lawyer in the music industry, and that was over 15 years ago.  Why
aren't schools doing this now?

Matthew Shields
Owner
BeanTown Host - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Dedicated Servers, Colocation,
Managed Services
www.beantownhost.com
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com