[Discuss] Gnome 3 Compatible Video Card

On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 22:04 -0400, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> I find myself really trying to like Gnome 3 and Unity, but am having a tough
> time.
>
> Unity seems so buggy and flakey.  Aside from strange Unity behavior, I am
> just not fond of the interface.  I have higher hopes for Gnome 3.
>  Unfortunately I've yet to get Gnome 3 to work with ANY of the graphics
> cards I've tried.  I'm at the point now where I'm willing to invest a small
> amount of money in getting Gone 3 to work correctly.
>
> Can anyone recommend a specific graphics card that can be used to properly
> run Gnome 3?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chrisso

Is there an equivalent of the ubuntu natty unity2d package in
opensuse11.3 or Fedora 15?
With that package unity started working with an Asus 1000 netbook

I can only tolerate unity for 10 minutes at a time  using the unity 2d
package
I hope that Gnome 3 will let you eventually allow to organize the dock
to your own needs because forced searching for the applications is not
user friendly  With Mark Shuttleworth as the petty GUI fuerer.

For now I am using the LTS Lucid Lynx or the Ubuntu Classic sessions
for any serious work

I  hope that I'll have a package in Oneric Ocelot to restore the desktop
back to sanity Gnome 20 or KDE  or else oneric will be urinating ocelot
after the proper collective name