[Discuss] APC Back-UPS ES 350

On 09/10/2011 04:00 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
>> The third question is that there are 3 backed up sockets, but I want to
>> plug in the router, cable modem, monitor and computer. Is there any
>> issue connecting a couple of low power devices with an extension cord.
>
> No problem; the UPS doesn't care about what's plugged in, just
> what it draws and when.

Extension cord, yes.  Be careful about power strips though.  Ground
fault interrupters are a definite no-no, and I have heard that the
capacitors in anti-spike circuitry can also cause problems.  I forget why.

Maybe it's the more inductive the load the worse it is, but computer
power supplies have some pretty serious caps in them, so I don't know if
that's true or not.