[Discuss] Photo Manager

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Doug <sweetser at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Are any photo managers altering tags within the photo file itself? Or
> do any have options so you can keep information within the file or
> not? I am pretty sure iPhoto does not alter the original file, great
> is someways, but also leads to lock in.
>
> Doug

iPhoto is great except for one very annoying problem.  When you import your
photos it puts the photos under your ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library/ folder.  But
when you open up finder you cannot browse that folder because it's just an
icon.  To get to the original files you need to open iPhoto, look at the
photo, then click File -> Reveal In Finder -> Original File.  This will let
you now browse under the "iPhoto Library" folder, but iPhoto has it's own
organization structure, so finding your files (other than the one you
highlighted above) is a pain.

iPhoto *would be* perfect if I could define my own folder structure.  So I'm
still looking for the perfect photo manager too, only for OSX.

Matthew Shields
Owner
BeanTown Host - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Dedicated Servers, Colocation,
Managed Services
www.beantownhost.com
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com