[Discuss] Extra splitter (OT)

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Matt Shields <matt at mattshields.org> wrote:
> No because comcast no longer supports analog cable. ?All TV's in your house
> must either have a digital cable box, a digital dvr box or an analog to
> digital convertor or you won't get any channels. ?I believe they started
> this about a year ago and sent out notices that you could get 2 free
> convertors.

That's what Comcast wanted everybody to think about analog a year ago.
 In my area (Cambridge), however, there are still 20 channels
available as analog signals directly from the wall.  This includes the
major over the area broadcast stations (undoubtedly via
digital->analog conversion), three or four local access channels, as
well as NECN, HSN, and QVC.  This is about a third of the channels
that I get with the free converter box that I normally use with old TV
in my basement, but they are still there if you want them.  My guess
is that this is for the people who are on the cheap $8 a month Limited
Basic plan.  Think retiree on a fixed income who just wants to keep
watching the broadcast channels they always have and doesn't want any
new fangled gadgets.

Bill Bogstad

P.S. I disconnected my converter box and rescanned for analog channels
just to verify that nothing had changed since the last time I looked.
So the above status info is less then 30 minutes old.