[Discuss] mythbuntu usb capture devices

I plan to build a mythbuntu box out of the efiga ARM boxbI purchased
this year . What I would like to do is successfuly capture 5 minutes
of video from a portable DVD player
Any recommendations for Hauppage sticks or any other USB devices
that might be on sale at J&R music world or overnighted in time by
saturday would be appreciated. I am bring a borrowed Dazzler and SIIG
capture device from Micro center <$50
My first step is to backup the movies stored on the RCN Motorola DCH3416
DVR set top box with an ESATA and  USB plugs but no further
documentation
I'll bring the manual such as it is but not the set top box

Any advice about USB capture devices/dongles or a more elegant interface
to this box
probably not
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-469484.html

I have an analogue DVD writer appliance and will do it the lo-tech
caveman approach of recording the stream to the TV and will eventually
control it via IR
Please excuse my 4:00 am editing

Any recommendations of which hauppage usb capture device for a myth
box? I intend to capture video from a portable
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-469484.html