[Discuss] HP Discards Touchpad and WebOS

Several sources confirm that the HP Touchpad is dead. This also includes
all WebOS devices.
http://www.slashgear.com/hp-discontinues-webos-handsets-touchpad-and-entire-ecosystem-18172793/
Today HP <http://www.slashgear.com/tags/hp/> revealed that they would be
announcing that it will completely discontinue operations for all webOS
<http://www.slashgear.com/tags/webos/> devices. This affects the HP
TouchPad <http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-review-29162207/> and all
webOS handsets. This does not mean that webOS
<http://www.slashgear.com/webos-3-0-review-30162203/> will be cancelled
altogether and forever, though it certainly doesn?t bode well for those
who?ve invested in the HP/webOS combination in the meantime. This comes
after less than stellar sales on the TouchPad and a request from Best
Buy for HP to take back all their tablets.

I guess we saw its swan song last night at the BLU meeting.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix