No subject

Subject: Possible GPL violation by Red Hat/Dell alliance
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:51:36 -0600 (CST)
From: fluke at gibson.mw.luc.edu
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Cc: redhat-list at redhat.com

  I am working with friends in the GNU/Linux Users of Northern Illinois on
putting together a web page detailing the issues with the following
product:

  Dell(TM) PowerEdge(TM) Web Server Version 3.1 Powered by Red Hat Linux

  I am seeking any feedback which would indicate if any of the claims
below our false:

  - Red Hat maintains a web site which throughout the course of this year
has contain material which illustrate the fact that Red Hat is aware of
the concepts of the Free Software Foundation, "Open Source," and the
General Public License (GPL)

  - Dell maintains a web site which throughout the course of this year has
contain material which illustrate the fact that Dell is aware of the
concepts of the Free Software Foundation, "Open Source," and the GPL

  - Dell is aware that both Dell PowerEdge Web Server Version 3.0