[Discuss] What do typical Linux users do WRT protecting their systems from malware

Basically the same thing you do for Mac.  Nothing.

It is possible for java related malware to find its way onboard, but I
have never seen it.
If you are paranoid about it, turn off java in your browser.

Poeple also do run AVR on Linux systems, but typically it is for
scanning files shared
with windows systems.

><> ... Jack
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23

"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people."
"It?s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" ? Grace
Hopper, US Navy Admiral